WTM cable screening line forsilver-plated copper tape application is engineered to support the Customer to excel in the production of coaxial cable for high-frequencies and low-loss microwaves, that are required in many application sectors, such as:
- aeronautic and aerospace industry;
- telecommunication technology;
- video and computer systems;
- military equipment;
- medical systems, etc.
A proper screening process could make the difference in terms of signal speed quality along the time. For such reason, this machine is developed paying attention to the specificity of this type of cable.
The triple motorized wrapping head guarantees the perfect application of the silver-plated strip over the insulated core, thanks to WTM unique taping technology, which stands out for:
- extremely accurate wire tension control;
- highly precise SPC tape application;
- no stress on the core, for obtaining high performance coaxial cables.
The screening machine is composed by:
- pay-off with specific tension control solution, according to the cable characteristics, and traversing movement to avoid any stress on the conductor;
- taping unit with fully motorized taping head, equipped with dynamic dancer for an extremely precise tension control and tape laying;
- capstan and caterpillar pulling units, to be chosen depending on the cable processed, with sophisticated components to avoid fluctuation on the cable movement;
- take-up unit with traversing system for a precise cable deposition, to ensure the best final product;
- measuring instruments for inline quality control;
- integrated Visio System for data acquisition and further statistical and FFT analysis.