These WTM cable taping machines are designed specifically for the application of polyimide composite tapes on flat and round wires, and its subsequent sintering process.
It is a complex wire taping line, typically with horizontal design, whose layout normally include:
- Cable pay-off and take-up unit, with standard wire guide or traversing movement, in order to maintain the wire in straight direction without any deviation from its axis;
- Wire straightening unit with steel rollers and clearing device with brushes, for ensuring the best cable preparation;
- One or more taping units, with taping heads suitable for big cross wound spools or heavy pads, where WTM dynamic dancer maintains the tape tension constant and stable, guaranteeing a perturbation-free process that is highly appreciated in case of flat wires with a high width/thickness ratio;
- Pulling units (capstan, one or two caterpillars or combined caterpillar/capstan system), for controlling precisely the linear speed and the wire tension;
- Fast pre-heating process with high frequency induction heater and following infrared or molten salt bath sintering ovens;
- Cooling system, with recirculated cold water and air wipers for drying the cable;
- Compacting units, that allow the complete adhesion of polyimide layers on the conductor;
- In-line quality control by means of laser gauges, spark tester and WTM Visio System with camera, offering the possibility of product certification and reporting;
- Paper feeder installed on the take-up unit, suitable for the automatic deposition of a complete turn of paper interlay on the reel during wire winding.
The technical characteristics can be customized according to the specific production requirements of the Customer.
Request further information or a detailed quotation now!