To tape a cable, WTM can provide different solutions based on the conductor specification and taping layers to apply. When the conductor is flexible and the tapes to wrap are maximum three, WTM offers cable taping machines with vertical layout; WTM vertical taping lines are the best solution for solving space issues without losing performances. The wide range of our vertical unit configurations make them so flexible and customizable that it’s worth to contact us to share needs and listen about reachable benefits.
The vertical taping machines are very adaptable:
- single or stranded conductors, mono or multipolar cables, can be processed;
- all kind of tape and yarn (mica, polyamide, polyimide, PTFE, paper, polyester, laminated tapes, aluminum, metal, fiberglass, etc.) can be used;
- all types of heads, mechanical or motorized, for pads or spools, fit in the columns;
- the taping units can be equipped with one or two taping heads, saving further space in production.
The layout of the vertical taping lines is composed by:
- cable pay-off unit, with cantilever or shaft design, even with traversing movement, with wire tension managed by dancer or torque control;
- one, two or three vertical taping units;
- taping heads (one or two in each taping column);;
- pulling capstan, for synchronization between taping head rotation speed and line speed;
- cable take-up unit, with cantilever or shaft design, even with traversing movement, with wire tension managed by dancer or torque control.
WTM customizes the equipment according to every Customer requirement and adapts it to each production process, suggesting features that satisfy any need and offering the best performance.
Watch th video and request further information or a detailed quotation now!